Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Techno or Reggae?

It is amazing how distracting life can be.

I haven't written anything here since last summer!  Here it is in the mountains of Colorado.  It has been snowing like like mad just lately and more is on it's way.  Last I heard the drainage area for the Upper Arkansas River is at something like 114% snow pack.  I have been skiing the last two days on some great snow and will back up there tomorrow too... and yet all I can think about is kayaking.

I am obsessing over gear and boats.  Should I get a new Astral Green Jacket, or roll on with the one I have for another season?  How about a new boat?  Right now I'm on the fence about if I will get a Liquid Logic Stinger or a Dagger Green Boat.  They are both built for creek racing, but do I get one that's more techie, and faster... or do I go with a boat that's still a racer, but more of a go-anywhere racer?  Techno or Reggae?

Another problem I struggle with is fit.  I am not large: 145 with all my gear, skinny, 32" inseam.  I have noticed that Liquid Logic kayaks that are appropriate for my overall size and weight are way too roomy in the knees with too high sidewalls.  I have also heard that as it compares to the Remix 79 (the large one), the Stinger's cockpit area is a bit taller, but much more narrow.  So it remains to be seen if that means I will be swimming in it or not. 

Any readers with experience here who want to chime in are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment